Sunday 29 November 2015

OSAAT DT - CHALLENGE NO 251 - ANYTHING GOES WITH 'WINTER'!


Hi there friends and bloggers out there and a warm welcome to my new follower Niki from Pawsitively Creative - brilliant name for a blog by the way!   Well ... this fortnight over on the OSAAT challenge our theme is Anything Goes with 'Winter' so I immediately thought icicles, glitter, snowflakes and a little winter fairy!  I was going to use shades of blue but as I'd just recently made a 'blue' card I changed my mind and used lilac and pale green plus white.  This could be for a winter birthday or a Christmas card, I'm not sure just yet so I typed out 'Warmest Winter Wishes' and .... you've guessed it, I popped it through my very useful Minc machine with some holographic silver foil over the words.  This is now my new favourite foil because the colours are amazing - just like the colours in an opal gem stone - my favourite gem of all.


I've just added the following pic 'cos it shows the glitter and the Wink of Stella (on her wings, wand and shoes) off to a better effect.

I love this little fairy she's so cute and you could use her for all seasons of the year by just changing the colours and embellishments. Sorry that the pic isn't as bright as it should be but the light is abysmal here today - as is the weather!!

Here's the winners' prize for December 



Digi papers and four great digi images - perfect for your Christmas cards.

Ingredients

6" x 6" White card blank - Docrafts Papermania
Digi - 'Spari Fairy' by BBKakes from Stitchy Bear's Digi Outlet
Papers - LOTV 'Snow Princess' Solids Paper Pad and 'Snow Princess' Patterened Paper Pad
Tattered Lace Dies - Pin Dot Rectangle die
Creative Expressions Dies - Pierced Flags die by Sue Wilson
Marianne Creatables Dies - Icicles border die
I.O. Dies - Snowflake DIE100-F
Memory Box Dies - Twilight Snowflake die
Cheery Lynn Dies - Add a Flourish die
Inky Doodles clear stamp - Caroline's Christmas snowflake stamp
Other Snowflakes stamps - free with magazine 
Wow Embossing Powders
Copic Markers
Wink of Stella - Silver, Gold and Clear pens
Sentiment typed and then foiled using my Minc machine
Stickles - Stardust Glitter glue

I hope you can enter our challenge this fortnight, we would love to see your creations on our blog.  

Thanks loads for popping by and for all the comments hoping I'm feeling better - you are all stars - if I've not said this before (once or twice).

By the way we have a new addition to the family - fur-baby of course - we know a little about this one - he was left behind when his family moved from their rented accommodation and he was in a really poor state with three nasty red raw sores on his shoulder, back leg and tail.   We couldn't leave him so we've fed him, taken him to the 'doctors' and made him wear a silly hat (well a Buster Collar really).  He's definitely looking better and he's quite happy taking his tablets as long as they have a coating of cheese!  We've called him Biscuit - well the maestro has!  You'll never guess why until you see the picture that will follow shortly of course.

Big hugs to you all and please take care.

Lots of love  Sue xxx


I would like to enter my card into the following challenges -

Craft Rocket Challenge No 4 - Add a Sentiment
Crafty Friends Challenge No 19 - One for the Girls
Paper Shelter Challenge No 229 - A Christmas Card
Suzy Bee's Bloomin' Challenge No 108 - AG with a twist - use a die cut
Sweet Stampin' Challenge - Sparkle and Shine
Winter Wonderland Challenge - Add some sparkle and bling





15 comments:

  1. I am in love Susie, this card is so wintery even though you used colours I never think of a wintery, I am so cold now I need a cup of tea to warm up hahaha. Stunning colouring on the wee fairy too :) Big hugs, Jane xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so stunning. Love the image and all the dies you have used. Its all fit together so splendidly! Thanks for sharing with us this fortnight. Lisa DT Craft Rocket Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful card Sue, the colour combo is gorgeous, Welcome to the new furbaby too. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, now THAT is SO perfect for our big birthday 'Sparkle & Shine' challenge at Sweet Stampin' this week. Love that gorgeous image and all your fabby sparkly touches. Thanks so much for joining in the fun with us and we look forward to you playing along again soon. Hugs, Wends x Sweet Stampin' DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful, such a pretty image, wonderful delicate colours and so much gorgeous sparkle, a fabulous make Sue.
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card. Thanks for sharing your lovely crafting for Suzy Bee's Bloomin' challenge 108 - hope to see you again soon, Hazel, DT x

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is very frosty and lovely Thanks for sharing AT Craft Rocket Challenges...Lis DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. I feel a chill just looking at your lovely, frosty creation! The iridescence is amazing, I love shimmery! Thanks so much for joining us at CRAFT Challenge! Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous entry to our challenge at My Time to Craft - thank you so much for sharing your project. Annie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Sue... Thanks for entering 'One for the Girls' Challenge at Crafty Friends, your card is gorgeous, Good Luck in the draw. Hope you can join us for our next challenge too.
    Diane Louise (DT) xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card...Thanks for playing along with us at Fab'n'Funky
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a pretty card, love all the diecuts! Thanks for joining our Sparkle and Shine challenge over at Sweet Stampin' this week, don't forget to check back to see if you're our winner on Sunday, love Jacky x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a lovely wintery card. My favorite is the icicles at the top and all the shimmer! (and I'm typically not a bling girl)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a lovely frosted fairy card. A definite eye catcher ☺

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Sue
    Great card and sparkle.
    Oooooh, poor Biscuit. Hope Donny and Blossom are ok with the new arrival.
    Best wishes.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, you make my day!
Hugs Sue Pxxx