Sunday 22 March 2015

OSAAT DT - CHALLENGE NO 233 - ANYTHING GOES WITH 'NATURE'


Good afternoon everyone out there in blogsterville!  Today is the start of another challenge over at the One Stitch at a Time blog and our theme this fortnight is 'Nature'.     The maestro used to go fishing every weekend at the crack of dawn (silly beggar!) and he always said it was amazing at that time of day.  He never seemed to catch many fish but he saw loads of wildlife!!! Bless!!  He did try his hand at sea fishing but said it wasn't as much fun!!!  I compare it to watching wood warp meself - but each to his own.  In case you are wondering, I did go fishing once and caught a good 'un - he spent so much time putting the maggots on my hook that he missed the 'bites' he was getting - allegedly.

Here's my very quick card - well, quick for me anyway - I am a little disappointed with the wording because it seems too small but it's the only die I have with 'Happy Birthday' on it - note to self must buy a larger one - or use my virginal Cricut!!!

There's a great prize for the winner ...

Ingredients

7" x 7" White card blank - Anna Marie Designs
Digi - 'Gone Fishing' by Stitchy Stamps at Stitchy Bear Digi Outlet
Papers - 'Country Gent' from LOTV
Papers - Teresa Collins DP from Creative Expressions
Die - A2 Valiant Honor Die from Spellbinders
Copics and Flexmarkers
Card Candi from Craftwork Cards

Thanks for stopping by my blog and I do hope you can enter our challenge, there is a really good prize of digis and papers!

I loved your comments on my last card and am still miffed that I had to miss the NEC - Mrs Duck wants to know about Apple Catchers but as she is very well informed about Soloman's not sure I can tell her any more (ROFL)!!!  My toe is still doing a Batman** but not quite as much now - especially without shoes!!!

Take care and enjoy the weather, we had a perfect view of the eclipse last week - utterly amazing and so odd, can you imagine what it was like back in the dark ages - I bet it frightened the poop out of them.  Gives me goosebumps thinking about it.

Lots of big hugs to you all and an extra big hug to those who need an extra big one!

Sue xxx
PS  ** Batman and Robin = throbbin'!!

15 comments:

  1. Great male card Sue. Love those LOTV papers. John used to fish too. He even took retracting rods when we went on holiday. Suited me since I could just sit in the sun and read or go wandering off on my own. Love to you both.( And take care of that poorly tootsie!) Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Susie, a fab male card as Christine has said. I think the text looks just fine having it in the black really makes it pop :) :) Awesome job :) Big hugs, Jane xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. hellooooooooo Agnes just catching up and doing my rounds as it were! fabuuuuulous card and I was chuckling at the fishing remarks LOL you are so funny and I'm so sad we missed meeting up with everyone but there is always Oct or Nov whichever month its on:))) lots of huggles Sue xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sue, brilliant card, and I don't think your sentiment is too smal, it looks good and in proportion. Super image a papers.
    Hoping the toe is improving, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sue
    Super card with a fab composition. Your lettering looks spot on to me. . . . .as Kate says, its in proportion (and has the Maestro never told you, size is not important?)
    Ah, I think I'm getting the idea about the apple catchers (do you wear them at the same time?!?. . . . . . You'd do well on Its A Knockout!)
    Hope the foot gets better soon and certainly by November lol! You were missed!
    Have a great week.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab masculine card Sue. I used to fish quite regularly til I was 16! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the use of the fishing rod and circle to bring it all together and all your layers. Clever thinking Lovely! Zx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sue me wonderful blogging mate.
    oh what a very super creation.
    Lovely design and the wording looks great to me.
    My DH would love this as he used to be a keen fishing person.
    I too used to go with him till my card making took over, and I much preferred to make a card, than sit out there, especially once I caught sight of a snake, and that put the tin hat on it.
    Don't go on Ang's blog till she posts again as she has the dreaded yummies on there, and I said you wouldn't be happy. lol.
    Hooray for fruit salad that's what I say. lol.
    Love and big get well wishes for your toe.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous male card Sue. Hope your toe heals quickly. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fabulous man-card. Get well soon and hope to see you swinging from the rafters again!
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow ! Absolutely stunning ! Have pinned it as inspiration for a male card. Most of the men in our family love fishing. Sue, I will be away from 25th March - off to Bombay to get some tiresome admin work done. I will look up your blog when I return a month later and catch up
    Hugs Lena

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super card Sue, your text looks just right to me,hugs Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card. I used to love to go fishing with my dad. I didn't ever care if I caught something, it was just so nice to be out on the water where it was all peaceful and calm. When I don't have the sentiment I want, I just generate one on my computer. Maggie - DT Sister

    ReplyDelete
  14. It does not look 'quick' at all. Love the fishing image for your sweet Dad, and the way the line swirled around to leave space for the sentiment. I didn't think the sentiment looked too small at all, it just draws the eye inward. Love the way you've done the die matting too, and the colors are so right for a fella, yet still quite dramatic. Your father will love it, since you made it especially for him with his particular interests. Great card. TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely project and your papers are beautiful.xx{aNNie My Personal Blog}

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, you make my day!
Hugs Sue Pxxx