Saturday 18 October 2014

CCC(22) - RITA'S CHALLENGE - CHRISTMAS REINDEER

Good morning peeps - well, it's me again - twice in one week!!!  Woo hoo!  And ....... I'll be back tomorrow as well!    This time, at the CCC, it's Rita's turn to choose a theme and she chose 'Christmas Reindeer'.   A good one, methinks, 'cos to my mind this can be cutie or elegant or both!!  I had a gorgeous stamp from La Blanche with a 'jumping in the air' reindeer made up of tiny snowflakes.  I desperately wanted to use this with some Flitterglue and gilding flakes but even though it stamps beautifully I just couldn't get enough definition with the glue and flakes.  Back to the drawing board I toddled and remembered that I had a lovely 'prancing' reindeer die from Tattered Lace, so I decided to use this.

Some time ago I saw a wonderful card on a blog where the crafter had used Core'dinations 'Whitewash' effect card.  She had made a background with this by embossing a piece of pink whitewashed card with a snowflake emb. folder and then sanded lightly over the top so that pink snowflakes showed through the whitewash.  Absolutely gorgeous and I am so sorry that I didn't make a note of her name to give her a mention.  Anyway I found some aqua blue card in my stash and did the same sort of background.


Ingredients

6" x 6" White card blank - Stash
Aqua card - Core'dinations Whitewash Selection
Reindeer die - Tattered Lace Dies
Krystal Frame die - Tattered Lace Dies
Tree Border die - Impression Obsession Dies
Holly Berry die - Signature Dies from Joanna Sheen
Snowflake Lattice Embossing Folder - Creative Expressions
Sentiment stamp - Personal Impressions
Pearl beads, Lace - stash

I am sure the CCC girls won't mind if I post this a day earlier because of my OSAAT DT card being posted on Sunday.  This was a lovely challenge and I am thankful to Rita for choosing this one.   Another flat card for posting, I have quite a few now so am chuffed to bits with myself.  

Thanks to all of you for stopping by and thank you for the comments on the maestro's birthday card - I think it caused a few chuckles here and there!!!  

Anyway am off to start my next card - if I can remember what I am supposed to be doing! Ho hum!

Big hugs to you all and have a great weekend.  Take care.


33 comments:

  1. Sue, this is gorgeous...love the colour and design and the dies you've used are wonderful. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow this is a gorgeous and beautifully festive Christmas card. Loving the mono colouring. {Would love you to visit my blog and join my 1,000 Follower Give-Away. Thank you so much, if you have already entered, and good luck.}
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  3. A really pretty creation sweetie.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! I can't believe this!!! We have both used the same cardstock and sanded it - which is something I haven't done for yonks!! Talk about coincidence. I just love the Tattered Lace dies and the embossing folder is so pretty too. The lace is a perfect match for the lacy die cuts. Fabulous card Sue!! Love and hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is stunning Sue. I love the delicate colour, gorgeous reindeer and beautiful detailing.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wot a corker missus!!! blogger has finally let me comment hoorahhhhhhhhhh....I shall be back in a mo as part of the DT lol huggles Sue xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Soozzzzzzz back with my DT head on...this card is stunning and thank you for joining us at Sister Act Card Challenge hugs ...Sue DT xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just beautiful Sue. Love the colour and layout. Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful and such a delicate shade, so frosty and Christmas looking. Love the reindeer die, I don't own any Tattered Lace dies I'm afraid, I will have to see what falls in to my basket at the NEC in a couple of weeks. :)
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sue
    Think you and Christine must have been sniffing the same brand of PVA as your cards are delightfully similar in stunningness (if that's a real word lol!) Not usually a Tattered Lace fan but your reindeer is fab.
    Have a great weekend.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello, Sue,
    first of all I want to thank you for becoming my follower! I have just become your latest follower, too.
    Then I have to tell you that this card is really fabulous! The reindeer, the frame, the embossing, the glitter... everything is
    amazing and I couldn't say what's the best thing in this card! And the colours are so soft, so sweet, that you just wish to see such a view from your window! Well, really well done!

    Mariangela ^___^

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Sue what a gorgeous card. I have some of the white washed Coredinations and it does look pretty! Love that deer and the gorgeous dies you have used. The holly is gorgeous!! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Sue me wonderful blogging mate,
    another of your really gorgeous creations here.
    Love the fab white washed effect, and your super design.
    Love and hugs to all.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card Sue. I do love that jumping reindeer. A really special card. Have a Good Day. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Sue
    Fabulous card... Love all the stunning Dies you have used...
    Hugs Sylvie xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. beutiful card Sue....now you have given me an idea with the background!!!!!....xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. A beautiful elegant card. I love your prancing reindeer. Hugs Mrs A. (Valery).

    ReplyDelete
  18. What an elegant card Sue, it's quite stunning. Beautiful deer die and your colours and embellishments are gorgeous, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sue, this is just lovely. As it was scrolling up, I said "Tattered Lace" when I saw that elegant reindeer. It is just a beautiful die! Loved your idea to use the whitewash Coordinations (Christine did too!) I have some, and never thought to hunt this paper up for my CCC. It really added so much texture & beauty to your wonderful reindeer. Just a very regal & dazzling card. Happy Sunday & TFS

    ReplyDelete
  20. such a beautiful die Sue - and your card is beautiful - love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. A simply stunning creation. Love the soft color. Thanks for sharing with us at CSAYL.
    Tracey, DT

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is stunning and the whitewash looks beautiful-is that actual paper or is it some white dye pad or something? This is so elegant

    ReplyDelete
  23. i LOVE this whitewashed card. It is so gorgeous with the layers of elegant dies and the whitewashed look.

    The Tattered lace Reindeer looks wonderful in their frame...shall now have to watch for those myself! teehee

    Sorry i have been so long in between visiting. Nearly done now, so should be dropping by more often. The move is Jan 23 so I have a couple of months b4 I have to start packing. Lots of time for crafting now! lol

    ReplyDelete
  24. OMGee that is a really beautiful card Sue! I love the colour of the background and the dies you have used are stunning - love the whole thing! Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a beautiful design - a stunning card for Rita's CCC challenge, Sue (would love to see it at CHNC challenge extra for October too) x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful card, thanks for joining us at Creative Corner this week

    ReplyDelete
  27. Awesome card!! Thanks for playing along with us at CSAYL Challenge!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. It really is very beautiful!

    Thanks for joining us at Kitty Bee Designs for our Dies / Punches Challenge!

    Our new challenge launched today so why not take a peak!

    Hugs

    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  29. very elegant, thats for linking up at our monthly Sisters of Craft challenge, good luck Gill DT

    ReplyDelete
  30. Beautiful card - love the soft colours!
    Thanks for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  31. What a beautiful, delicate card, Sue. LOVE that reindeer and the colours are so dreamy.
    hugs, Asha
    p.s. Dick is missing the little lady! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, you make my day!
Hugs Sue Pxxx