Saturday 7 September 2013

CCC - CLARE'S CHALLENGE - LET'S GO MONOCHROME!

Hello there peeps I do hope you are all well and enjoying the weather - our bedroom window has been fully open, slightly open, fully open until I am going bloomin' dizzy!  I just wish it would stop faffing about and be either cool or warm!   I lurve Autumn and look forward to all the colours of the leaves and hedgerows - so I can't wait.  Mind you I am a tad fed up with all the leaves that are falling off the trees in our garden.  Well - this is me and I am having a little whinge!    It doesn't help that I am tryping this on my gorgeous purple laptop with furry keys - Blossom comes in to see us for a little while every day now, but, whereas Milo (our neighbours cat) is a man's cat (yes - I have just said this in a deep voice inside my head) Blossom is a lady's cat - ie she doesn't leave me alone and insists on sitting, laying, washing, sleeping on my desk sooooo I have white fur all over the place!  However, I am not whingeing about this 'cos she is a cutie.  The trouble is she is getting more and more comfy and I feel that there may have to be a discussion very soon (with 'the maestro') regarding her living quarters/abode!!!  You know where this is leading don't you.  What you don't know is that this is the fifth cat who has decided we are a good option to foster!  She would make the third one that has actually decided that we make good servants/housekeepers!

Ooops another load of wafflings, so without further ado, this is my card for the Christmas Card Club and Clare has chosen the theme 'Let's go Monochrome', I was going to put this on my blog this morning - but forgot.  It isn't due at the CCC until tomorrow but I really don't like posting 2 on the same day and I haven't a clue why (tis a tad airy fairy on Planet Susie! lol).  I will shut up now - honest!



There is a little story to go with the finishing of this card - it sat on my desk for three days and I just couldn't think what to do in the bottom right hand corner.  There was something missing so I was stumped.  Then .... the Postman arrived and popped a package through the letterbox and that was it!!!!   I had won the prize from Pixies Crafty Snippets Playground which consisted of a set of superb 'leaf' dies from Dee's Distinctively and a set of Christmas 'greeting' stamps.  The holly leaves among the die set were just perfect for the corner of my card and within 10 minutes I had cut them out, stuck them on and given it to 'the maestro' for pics.   Thank you so much for sending them so quickly Di.  A brilliant prize!!!!!


Ingredients


8" x 8"  Kraft Card - Papermania
Snowy Postcard Rubber Stamp - Stampendous
Vintage Sepia Ink Pad - Versafine
Krafty Christmas and Country Gent papers - LOTV 
Bazzill Bling Card
Sentiment from internet
Stardust Stickles
Precious Snowflakes Die - Memory Box
Holly Leaves Die - Dee's Distinctively (Thank you Di!)
Holly Berries - Card Candi

 
Thank you very much for stopping by and for leaving me a comment.  I hope your weekend is great and that you are enjoying yourselves.

Big hugs to you all out there.

SUE  xxx

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges -

Christmas Stampin' All Year Round Challenge No 32 - http://christmasstampin.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/challenge-32-layers.html
4 Krafty Girlz Challenge No 1 - http://4kraftygirlzchallenges.blogspot.co.uk/

32 comments:

  1. Only one word to describe this card, Sue -> DELICIOUS! Love the layers and that image is simply wonderful.
    xxx Asha

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous,love the image and fab details.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely card Sue. The image and colours are fabulous! love and hugs from Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful card Sue. I love the image, wonderful colours and gorgeous detailing.
    My mum-in-law is just the same as you with cats, she seems to be giving 'stray?' cats new homes on a regular basis!
    hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete

  5. Fab card Sue, loving those colours. Aren't cats funny they either like you or they don't, we got one of our cats years ago the same way he adopted us.

    Have a good day, Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh mu goodness...this is gorgeous!!! I love the monocromatic color sheme in browns. It is sooo beautiful. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Catch The Bug.
    Nancy CTB-DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so lovely Sue and yes those leaves finish it off a treat. So glad the new addition is settling in nicely. Lol!!! Wish we could have another baby but we have moved to an apartment now and it wouldn't be fair. Also if you move in with a cat or dog that is okay but once it has died you can not replace them.

    Have a good evening.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a gorgeous Card, love the image and the lovely colors. Thank you for joining us at 4 krafty Girlz this fortnight. Abbie xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woohoooooo my crafterteer buddy!! this is delicious, love that die and I've just won this weeks prize on Di's blog LOL aren't we a lucky pair. Sounds like the cat has made itself right at home couldn't have picked a nicer couple lots of hugglessssssssss Sue and sloppys off Ollie xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sue, love that stamp, a perfect Christmas scene and fab colour choice.
    Hugs Sue W.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card Sue. Love the vintage feel and the gorgeous colour. Zx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think the cats that decide you should adopt them sense your love! They sense you are a cat lover and know that they have found a good thing...cat paradise if you like!!!

    Your card is gorgeous. You wonèt believe this...I almost bought this stamp the other day when we drove down to America. I had it clutched it my hands but DH came to pick me up early...the till lineups were dreadful and I put it back for another day! Drat! Bow that I see it inked I wish I had waited in line.

    Did you notive it says British Columbia in the bottom right corner and Canada in the bottom left...

    Your colour choices look fabulous and you were right about the holly in the bottom left...it is just right!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think the cats that decide you should adopt them sense your love! They sense you are a cat lover and know that they have found a good thing...cat paradise if you like!!!

    Your card is gorgeous. You wonèt believe this...I almost bought this stamp the other day when we drove down to America. I had it clutched it my hands but DH came to pick me up early...the till lineups were dreadful and I put it back for another day! Drat! Bow that I see it inked I wish I had waited in line.

    Did you notive it says British Columbia in the bottom right corner and Canada in the bottom left...

    Your colour choices look fabulous and you were right about the holly in the bottom left...it is just right!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card love your story and your leaf dies are awesome, thanks for joining us over at Creative Fingers ~ Denise DT ~

    ReplyDelete
  15. So pretty! A fabulous way to create a monochromatic card. And the leaves are the perfect touch for that corner. Thanks for playing with CSAYL.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful! Thanks for playing at Sister Act Card Challenge. We'd love for you to consider trying out for our design team.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous!!! Great lo and choice of papers. Love this monochromic look
    Thank you for joining us at Creative Fingers

    Huggsss, Angelique
    EngelDesignsScrap

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a super card for Clare's CCC challenge - love the way you've used and layered that stamp (one of my favourites) - thanks for entering my CHNC challenge 141 - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for September - I'd love to see it there too. You could also share this lovely card for The Glory of Christmas challenge 15: 'anything goes' - I'd love to see it there too, Hazel, Glory of Christmas DT. Hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for adding for The Glory of Christmas 'anything goes' challenge - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is just beautiful! Its even put me in the mood for some xmas crafting! hehe!
    Thank you 4 entering the 4 krafty girlz challenge!
    Toni-Marie DT xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Like your choice of colour, might have a play after tea now. take care.
    Carol.x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful card, I love all the different elements. Thanks for joining in this month at Sparkles.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Sue,
    playing catch up as I was gardening yesterday, and you know what that means at our age. lol.
    Lots of aches and pains and feeling very tired.
    When I could drag my self into the craft room had to finish my sons anniversary card, as it's today. I really did struggle with it. Was trying for 4 days to construct it, and then walla it all fell into place last night. Thank goodness.
    Love your superb card yet again. Those dies you won sound fab. I would never have thought of such a great colour to use for a Christmas card.
    Superb photography Graham.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh wow Sue, this is totally stunning! I love it - every single piece just goes together so perfectly! So pleased the holly leaves did the trick :)

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Kitties know where they are "lurved", Sue LOL They must enjoy your company and feel safe with you. The card you made for CCC looks so pretty done in vintage brows like that, and the beautiful layers. Very pretty! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lovely card. Thank you for joining the challenge at Creative Fingers. Hope to see you again next time.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love monochromatic colors scheme. This is a gorgeous creation with a wonderful mix of elements. Thanks so much for joining us for this week's CSAYL challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a great project, very cute!! We appreciate you taking the time to join joining our Sept Anything Goes Challenge at CTB! Hope to see you again very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Chocolate - yum! The monochromatic colors are gorgeous. Perfect for the CSAYL layer challenge. Thanks for joining us!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Gorgeous card - i love the Sepia tones
    Thanks for joining us at LCI this fortnight
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  31. This is gorgeous Sue, love all the layers. Carol x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, you make my day!
Hugs Sue Pxxx