Thursday 13 September 2012

THE LION SLEEPS TONIGHT GRRRRRR!!

Hi there blog friends, I do hope you are all feeling well and crafty.  I did another bit of ironing this morning - booooo then had a crafty afternoon - wahey!  

About a week ago my friend had asked me to make a card for her grandson (she always gives me plenty of notice - lol) so I have been giving it some thought and I finally put my ideas onto paper today.  She knows he loves jungle programmes so she asked me if I had any stamps to do with jungle animals.  I had just the right stamps.  I bought them many moons ago but I 'filed' them without their front sheet unfortunately.   I believe - forgive me if I am wrong - that they are from Creative Expressions.  Anyway here is my card
 
 
I thought it would look nice as an easel card so I made the stopper out of a piece of punched card (Martha Stewart punch) and I stamped some gorgeous little paw prints on the top.  All of the stamps are on the same sheet.

 
I coloured the images in with my Promarkers then layered everything up as shown in the pictures.  The brown layer (Spellbinders Scalloped Rectangle) under the images is some of that faux velvet paper, it feels nice and soft like animal fur!!!  The animal print paper is from my stash.
 
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges
  
http://robynsfetishchallengeblog.blogspot.in/  -  No 124 More than one Fold
http://onestopcraftchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/  - No 198 No Floral Embellishments
http://nomatterwhichchallenges.blogspot.co.uk/  -  Die cuts and/or punches
http://ppp-makeitmonday.blogspot.com.au/  -  No 106 Anything Goes
 
I hope you like my card, thank you so much for stopping by.  I always love reading your comments and I know my little story on Tuesday made some of you laugh - that pleases me no end.  We all need laughs and giggles in our lives.  Your cards often brighten my day and make me smile, which is lovely. 
 
Thanks again my blog friends.  Hugs to you all.
 
SUE

24 comments:

  1. I have these stamps Sue I love them huggles xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab jungle card Sue love those images and the jungle paper x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fabulous card Sue, and a perfect amount of leaves, love the jungle images and colouring, great design too.
    Thanks for joining in with us at Crafty Sentiments Designs.

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous Sue. Those images are brilliant and I love the design with that fab animal print paper.
    Hugs Sue.
    P.S. Just off to read Tuesday's post as I managed to miss it somehow!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sue,
    what an amazing fabulous card. I called my hubby in to have look and he says you are very talented. i also say the same. It's so bright and cheerful just right for the person you made it for. You do make me smile every time I visit your blog. I wish I had your lovely way with
    words.
    Good luck with the challenges.
    Have a wonderful crafty Friday everyone.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what a fun card! brilliant design. Thanks for joining us at Cutie Pie xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sue, what a fun card, love the paper and the images! Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh i just love the jungle themes stamps and that DP
    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week for our leaves challenge
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, fabulous paper Sue!! Great stamps. It all comes together to make a great card for a little boy - or maybe a big boy too. They are all big kids at heart aren't they? Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card, love the images...Saw your card on MIM.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh what a cute card. I love the layout and the images are so lovely. Thanks for joining us at By the Cute and Girly.
    Hugs, Uta

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi! really great card,love the layout Sue and your post did make me smile(lots :)))))
    Sorry bit of a late reply the nesties on the LOTV card used are Blossom Three S4 -312 it as 5 dies in this set.
    hugs Lou.xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super jungle-tastic card , thank you for joining in with the cutie pies xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Susan

    This is just a brilliant card - the images are just great so love the background paper too - fabulous.

    I'm so sorry I haven't been to see you for a while - my internet has been poorly.

    Thank you for leaving me some lovely comments.

    Have a great weekend.

    Take care

    Toodles

    Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sorry I'm late in commenting Sue but as they say better late than never!. What a fantastic card the little boy is going to be absolutely thrilled with this. Great colour combos and colouring in. Love it! Enjoy your Saturday, love Christine H xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Sue - thank you for being my newest follower and also for your very kind comment. This card is marvellous and my 3 year old grandson would really love it. I am looking forward to having a good look through all your cards after dinner when I get a little time to myself.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a beautiful and fun card, Sue! Love all the great images and the perfect background! Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a fabulous, fun card Sue. Love the colours and the images are great.

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sorry am lata at commenting, but am on holidays in Morroco and it's a bit difficult to connect.
    Very nice card, really like the papers you've used and your colouring.
    Thanks for joining us at Robyn's Fetish Challenge.

    Laurence DT

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Sue, just think this one is so cute, love the jungle theme, great images and all tied together with your fab paper.
    Thanks for linking up with MIM this week.
    Remember, to be in the running to win the prize from our sponsor this week just leave a comment for another entry. Be sure to mention you saw them on Make It Monday. The more entries you comment on the more chances you have of winning!
    Hugs, Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a beautiful and fun card. So lovely design. I have worked for the Plastic Cards Printing and designing company and this card inspire me so much. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow what a fun card, I love it! Thanks for joining us at NMW Challenges and good luck
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a cool card, I just love the layout and the DP is just perfect. I am your newest fan (aka follower!)

    Thanks so much for playing along with The Squirrel and The Fox, I hope we will see you again soon!

    Hugs,
    Linda
    squirrelsnippets.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  24. Very cute easel card and images. Thank you for sharing and joining in at NMWC. Hugs, Velma

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, you make my day!
Hugs Sue Pxxx